Herbs

Herbs

Monday 11 November 2013

Journal of a herb study.

Sorry Sarah, this has taken me longer than anticipated but I think I'm there at last.

A new blog mainly to journal my herb study and allotment. I am undertaking a herb study under the watchful eye of Sarah Head aka Kitchen Herb Wife. Sarah will be steering us through a year long study of twenty five herbs, of our choosing, plus a study of a herbal ally. 
In the study there are participants from both hemispheres and I, the awkward one, will be in both . Now until February I will be 'down under' in NSW Australia and then back to Cornwall UK for the rest of the study.  In NSW I have limited resources in growing area and of course I do not have my herb garden to study. At daughter one I have a large east facing balcony and at daughter two I have a newly made small backyard with a veg bed, lawn and deck area. At home in Cornwall I have a fair sized courtyard garden where I grow mostly in containers but do have some ground beds. A short distance from home I have a full sized allotment with ten raised beds, a 20ft x 10ft poly tunnel, a fruit garden and an area where I grow herbs plus all the usual shed, compost bin, water tanks etc.



A very autumny, untidy allotment, this photo was taken at the begining of October.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for setting up your blog, Pippa. It's lovely to see pictures of your allotment which I've heard so much about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. Beautiful allotment!!

    ReplyDelete